Saturday, January 5, 2013

Heatwave

It's not what we expected, s o a r i n g temperatures to kick us off for the new year.

And I have a summer cold. Which always feels more uphill than a winter one.

While working on the new letterpress wedding invitations yesterday, Bill and I noticed out the window three very young kangaroos drinking from our bird bath in the late afternoon. I have never witnessed this before, they were desperately drinking with very little intervals of lifting their heads.

The dams are empty you see and the animals are coming in closer to the houses where they can smell the water from sprinklers on dusk. It made me heartfelt to these vunerable creatures, so I put out a big bucket of water in the middle of the paddock for the older roos.

We also came out to find two deer in our courtyard the next morning near the well.



No comments:

Post a Comment